Recent changes in the Markor project:
- Recently viewed documents
- Start editing of recent documents, button in the toolbar of main view
- Allow sharing into recend documents
- Queue containing the 10 last viewed files
- Keep scroll position when reloading document list (Notebook)
- Document/File Info: Dialog showing information about selected file
- Openable at main views toolbar when one item is selected
- Overall better performance
- Faster document loading
- Decreased memory usage
- Reduce edit history size (undo/redo) to 5 for lower memory usage
- Preview/Rendering (All):
- Rework of theme, font-size and font injection
- Preview/Rendering (Markdown):
- Blockquote theme based styling
- Blockquote RTL compatibility
- Crash when Markor put to background and huge file is loaded
- Document contents are not stored into resume cache anymore if they are too big
- Make no major differences for huge files, just undo/redo history is cleared when switchting away
Markor is a TextEditor for Android. This project aims to make an editor that is versatile, flexible, and lightweight. Markor utilizes simple markup formats like Markdown and todo.txt for note-taking and list management. Markor is versatile at working with text, it can also be used for keeping bookmarks, copying to clipboard, fast opening a link from text and lots of more. Created files are interoptable with any other plaintext software on any platform.Markor is using open formats and is free software, openly developed and accepts community contributions.
📝 Create notes and manage your to-do list using simple markup formats
🌲 Work completely offline - whenever, wherever
👌 Compatible with any other plaintext software on any platform – edit with notepad or vim, filter with grep, convert to PDF or create a zip archive
🖍 Syntax Highlighting and format related actions – quick insert pictures and to-do
👀 Convert, preview, and share documents as HTML and PDF
📚 Notebook: Store all documents on a common filesystem folder
📓 QuickNote: Fast accessible for keeping notes
☑️ To-Do: Write down your to-do
🔖 LinkBox: Share pages to read later into bookmark list
🖍 Markup formats: Markdown and todo.txt
📋 Copy to clipboard: Copy any text, including text shared into Markor
💡 Notebook is the root folder of documents and can be changed to any location on filesystem. LinkBox, QuickNote and ToDo are textfiles
🎨 Highly customizeable, dark theme available
💾 Auto-Save with options for undo/redo
👌 No ads or unnecessary permissions
🌎 Language selection – use other language than on the system
💡 Unlike other office suites (like LibreOffice) or to-do apps (like Wunderlist), Markor has one streamlined text editor with no other editing UI. Markor shows how powerful and expressive simple text can be. View, edit, manipulate and convert plaintext!
🔃 Markor works with sync apps, but they have to do syncing respectively. Sync clients known to work in combination include BitTorrent Sync, Dropbox, FolderSync, OwnCloud, NextCloud, Seafile, Syncthing, Syncopoli
👀 These apps may also be in your interest if you like Markor: OneNote, EverNote, Google Keep, Wunderlist, Read-It-Later, Pocket, Epsilon Notes, iA Writer, Todoist, Shaarli, Wallabag, Simple Notes, Simpletask, Share to clipboard, NextCloud Bookmarks, Easy Open Link
The app doesn’t use the internet connection unless external resources are referenced in self created documents (on purpose). The app is working completly offline, no internet connection required! No personal data will be requested or shared (i.e. calendar or contacts). Documents can be shared to other apps from inside the app by pressing the share button. Document will be stored locally in the device public documents folder or in a custom folder.
Contributing to the project
- For general information and howto get started, see gsantner’s Android contribution guide
- Translation / Localization is done at Crowdin. Joining the translationg team is done in no time. If a language is mising, contact the maintainer.
- Bug reports and feature requests are collected at GitHub.
- Code contributions are always welcome, visit the issue tracker for open issues. Your help is needed.