Today marks the release of the Markor v1.2 update! The update is already available for download on Google Play, and soon on F-Droid!
Recent changes in the Markor project
- Launchers to directly open LinkBox/ToDo/QuickNote (opt-in)
- Text Actions
- Search/filter lines by input (available in special-keys button menu)
- Todo: context aware search for projects,contexts (longpress project/context button)
- Table of contents (opt-in))
- Math using KaTex (opt-in)
- Markdown: More features enabled, notably GFM like table parsing and underlined h1
- More spacing between categories
- File saving
Location of new features
Basic content search features arrived. All do search line-by-line and jump to the found line at selection.
- Search ToDo: Long press context/project action to open context-aware-search. A list with existing projects/contexts will be shown as pre selection.
- Content search: Press the ‘special key’ button and select ‘Search’ action.
Overall setting category headers have more spacing now and some options were reordered.
- Format -> Markdown -> Math - Show math formulas at preview, parsed using KaTex (example:
$ a^2 + 5 = x $)
- Format -> Markdown -> Table of contents - Shows a table of contents at preview
- App-wide -> Save location - Notebook directory and all special files are available here for selection
- App-wide -> Launcher (Special documents) - Enable additional launchers for LinkBox/ToDoQuickNote. A restart of the launcher or device may be required for this feature to take affect.
Markor is a TextEditor for Android. This project aims to make an editor that is versatile, flexible, and lightweight. Markor utilizes simple markup formats like Markdown and todo.txt for note-taking and list management. Markor is versatile at working with text, it can also be used for keeping bookmarks, copying to clipboard, fast opening a link from text and lots of more. Created files are interoptable with any other plaintext software on any platform.Markor is using open formats and is free software, openly developed and accepts community contributions.