Today marks the release of the Markor v1.2 update! The update is already available for download on Google Play, and soon on F-Droid!
Recent changes in the Markor project
- Launchers to directly open LinkBox/ToDo/QuickNote (opt-in)
- Text Actions
- Search/filter lines by input (available in special-keys button menu)
- Todo: context aware search for projects,contexts (longpress project/context button)
- Table of contents (opt-in))
- Math using KaTex (opt-in)
- Markdown: More features enabled, notably GFM like table parsing and underlined h1
- More spacing between categories
- File saving
Location of new features
Basic content search features arrived. All do search line-by-line and jump to the found line at selection.
- Search ToDo: Long press context/project action to open context-aware-search. A list with existing projects/contexts will be shown as pre selection.
- Content search: Press the ‘special key’ button and select ‘Search’ action.
Overall setting category headers have more spacing now and some options were reordered.
- Format -> Markdown -> Math - Show math formulas at preview, parsed using KaTex (example:
$ a^2 + 5 = x $)
- Format -> Markdown -> Table of contents - Shows a table of contents at preview
- App-wide -> Save location - Notebook directory and all special files are available here for selection
- App-wide -> Launcher (Special documents) - Enable additional launchers for LinkBox/ToDoQuickNote. A restart of the launcher or device may be required for this feature to take affect.
Markor is a TextEditor for Android. This project aims to make an editor that is versatile, flexible, and lightweight. Markor utilizes simple markup formats like Markdown and todo.txt for note-taking and list management. Markor is versatile at working with text, it can also be used for keeping bookmarks, copying to clipboard, fast opening a link from text and lots of more. Created files are interoptable with any other plaintext software on any platform.Markor is using open formats and is free software, openly developed and accepts community contributions.
📝 Create notes and manage your to-do list using simple markup formats
🌲 Work completely offline - whenever, wherever
👌 Compatible with any other plaintext software on any platform – edit with notepad or vim, filter with grep, convert to PDF or create a zip archive
🖍 Syntax Highlighting and format related actions – quick insert pictures and to-do
👀 Convert, preview, and share documents as HTML and PDF
📚 Notebook: Store all documents on a common filesystem folder
📓 QuickNote: Fast accessible for keeping notes
☑️ To-Do: Write down your to-do
🔖 LinkBox: Share pages to read later into bookmark list
🖍 Markup formats: Markdown and todo.txt
📋 Copy to clipboard: Copy any text, including text shared into Markor
💡 Notebook is the root folder of documents and can be changed to any location on filesystem. LinkBox, QuickNote and ToDo are textfiles
🎨 Highly customizeable, dark theme available
💾 Auto-Save with options for undo/redo
👌 No ads or unnecessary permissions
🌎 Language selection – use other language than on the system
💡 Unlike other office suites (like LibreOffice) or to-do apps (like Wunderlist), Markor has one streamlined text editor with no other editing UI. Markor shows how powerful and expressive simple text can be. View, edit, manipulate and convert plaintext!
🔃 Markor works with sync apps, but they have to do syncing respectively. Sync clients known to work in combination include BitTorrent Sync, Dropbox, FolderSync, OwnCloud, NextCloud, Seafile, Syncthing, Syncopoli
👀 These apps may also be in your interest if you like Markor: OneNote, EverNote, Google Keep, Wunderlist, Read-It-Later, Pocket, Epsilon Notes, iA Writer, Todoist, Shaarli, Wallabag, Simple Notes, Simpletask, Share to clipboard, NextCloud Bookmarks, Easy Open Link
The app doesn’t use the internet connection unless external resources are referenced in self created documents (on purpose). The app is working completly offline, no internet connection required! No personal data will be requested or shared (i.e. calendar or contacts). Documents can be shared to other apps from inside the app by pressing the share button. Document will be stored locally in the device public documents folder or in a custom folder.