New TextAction: DateTime
Insert date and/or time using the new action! You can freely pick date and time and choose in which format the information should be added. The current time is used when you press the “OK” button by default. (Note that you also can just insert the format, without date!)
Date onlyselects your country specific default format for Date
Time onlyselects your country specific default format for Time
Last usedselect the format you last inserted into text (=OK pressed)
- TextAction: Insert date/time
- Add website title when sharing into Markor, if browser supports it
- Website title + URL formatted in Markdown format if possible
- Automatically create ToDo/linkbox/QuickNote and parent folders when using respective launcher
- KaTex/Math: Improve inline math
- Close virtual keyboard after creating new file
- Language selection: Load system’s most important language as system hint
- Markdown + Jekyll: Replace with .. in representation
- More padding at settings on older devices
- Use the new file dialog for sharing into new documents
- Filesystem dialog now shows images / textfiles only at respective file selection
- New file dialog: Jekyll option on older devices
- Title not updated when swiping
Markor is a TextEditor for Android. This project aims to make an editor that is versatile, flexible, and lightweight. Markor utilizes simple markup formats like Markdown and todo.txt for note-taking and list management. Markor is versatile at working with text, it can also be used for keeping bookmarks, copying to clipboard, fast opening a link from text and lots of more. Created files are interoptable with any other plaintext software on any platform.Markor is using open formats and is free software, openly developed and accepts community contributions.
📝 Create notes and manage your to-do list using simple markup formats
🌲 Work completely offline - whenever, wherever
👌 Compatible with any other plaintext software on any platform – edit with notepad or vim, filter with grep, convert to PDF or create a zip archive
🖍 Syntax Highlighting and format related actions – quick insert pictures and to-do
👀 Convert, preview, and share documents as HTML and PDF
📚 Notebook: Store all documents on a common filesystem folder
📓 QuickNote: Fast accessible for keeping notes
☑️ To-Do: Write down your to-do
🔖 LinkBox: Share pages to read later into bookmark list
🖍 Markup formats: Markdown and todo.txt
📋 Copy to clipboard: Copy any text, including text shared into Markor
💡 Notebook is the root folder of documents and can be changed to any location on filesystem. LinkBox, QuickNote and ToDo are textfiles
🎨 Highly customizeable, dark theme available
💾 Auto-Save with options for undo/redo
👌 No ads or unnecessary permissions
🌎 Language selection – use other language than on the system
💡 Unlike other office suites (like LibreOffice) or to-do apps (like Wunderlist), Markor has one streamlined text editor with no other editing UI. Markor shows how powerful and expressive simple text can be. View, edit, manipulate and convert plaintext!
🔃 Markor works with sync apps, but they have to do syncing respectively. Sync clients known to work in combination include BitTorrent Sync, Dropbox, FolderSync, OwnCloud, NextCloud, Seafile, Syncthing, Syncopoli
👀 These apps may also be in your interest if you like Markor: OneNote, EverNote, Google Keep, Wunderlist, Read-It-Later, Pocket, Epsilon Notes, iA Writer, Todoist, Shaarli, Wallabag, Simple Notes, Simpletask, Share to clipboard, NextCloud Bookmarks, Easy Open Link
The app doesn’t use the internet connection unless external resources are referenced in self created documents (on purpose). The app is working completly offline, no internet connection required! No personal data will be requested or shared (i.e. calendar or contacts). Documents can be shared to other apps from inside the app by pressing the share button. Document will be stored locally in the device public documents folder or in a custom folder.
Contributing to the project
- For general information and howto get started, see gsantner’s Android contribution guide
- Translation / Localization is done at Crowdin. Joining the translationg team is done in no time. If a language is mising, contact the maintainer.
- Bug reports and feature requests are collected at GitHub.
- Code contributions are always welcome, visit the issue tracker for open issues. Your help is needed.