Since over a month my XMPP account is targeted by spammers.
Due that I’m moving on to a different XMPP ID I might announce later.
Note: Neither my account nor any chats or their keys are compromised.
- Messages are mostly short, greetings in Eastern European & Russian languages
- At least one new JID per hour initiates a chat, sometimes more frequently
- Some messages start with exploit and credit card
- Bots are seemingly aware they get blocked/ignored (“cannot write to you, everytime get errors”)
- There is heavy interest in getting personal contact and presence information / that a contact request gets accepted
Dear reader and XMPP user, did you experience something similar recently? Let me know and join the discussion below!